The Trimble GEDO Track System consists of the Trimble GEDO CE 2.0 track measurement trolley with a Trimble control unit in combination with a Trimble total station.
In conjunction with the Trimble GEDO Track software, an easy-to-use, fully integrated measurement system is available for geodetic track as-built tasks. Using the recommended geodetic resection method to position the total station, the quality of the control point network can be checked during the station setup process. Deviations from the nominal track position are displayed live in the field, as well as the location of alignment transition points (main points).
The Trimble GEDO Track system is used for pre-measurement for track tamping in case of small scale projects or for projects that require a geodetic measurement method.
- Control of geodetic track survey
- Live display of the differences between actual and design according to track alignment
- Display of track main points
- Capturing of absolute track position with track gauge, cant (superelevation) and twist
- Analysis and further processing of GEDO Track measurements
- Station setups and measurement data can be re-calculated in case control point coordinates have changed
- Track sections taken from different station setups are merged into one resulting track
- Variance comparison between measured track and design alignment
- Analysis and data preparation for the tamping machine
- Definition of ramps at the beginning and end as well as at constraint points
- Consideration of minimum and maximum lifts as well as maximum shifts
- Output of geometry file and tamping data for tamping machine
- Formats for all well-known manufacturers (Plasser & Theurer, Matisa, Harsco, Plasser America, Framafer, etc.)
- Quality reports for track position
- Comparison with previous measurement campaigns for tamping machine control
Trimble GEDO Profiler
Optional laser measuring unit for checking track position at control points, as well as for measuring distances to objects close to the track (i.e. structures and platforms). Distances are displayed in relation to the track axis or inner edge of the rail, both perpendicularly and vertically to the cant (superelevation). In addition, points measured with the GEDO Profiler are stored in the geodetic coordinate system.
- Measurement of the three-dimensional track position, track gauge and cant (superelevation), as well as calculation of twist in one step
- Geodetic measurement procedure with one or two total stations (overlapping)
- Import of digital track alignment data. Checking of the track alignment data in the office software prior to starting the field work.
- Precise and reliable control of track geometry
- Reduced time required for documentation and acceptance measurement. Recording of the correction values and track acceptance data as well as swift protocol generation for construction companies and quality control.
- Shortened construction time and reduced costs due to optimized setup process based on live display of the differences between actual and design according to the track alignment
- Extensive options for data analysis and evaluation
- Software allows a fast evaluation and transfer of the tamping data to the tamping machine
- Geodetic pre-measurement for track tamping application
- Checking control point network
- Control of absolute track position before, during and after the construction work
- Variance comparison for acceptance
- Inspection and documentation of track geometry